Saturday, January 21, 2012

The weight of cake

Today's subject is about weight,as you can tell by my lil curvy red head on the side. I have been on the gluten free lifestyle for two weeks. I like it and it keeps me from over doing it on the sweets. People who know me know that I have lost 115lbs on Weight Watchers. I have gained 15 lbs since this past year. The fatigue has taken over my exercise! I have decided I need to get to the gym on Monday and get in the pool that I pay a monthly fee for lol. Enough is enough! I miss that take my life and health by the horns person I once was!! I think I could be a swimmer. To be honest I have gotten use to my curvyness. COMPLACENT!! Yep that's the word heee. Ok normally I am this all or nothing gym freak. Gone is that Amy. I need to find balance. On top of that it needs to be done not just to get into my skinny jeans but for my health. Even if I loose 5 or 7 lbs it's a step in the right direction!

One thing about MS is that sugar,dairy and sugar substitutes break down the lining that covers the nerve for protection. May also be some other things I should avoid but I can't remember. Day's of the diet cherry DR.PEPPER are over. OMG that was my
crack!!!!! :) I am proud to say that I went to a friends bridal shower today and had a nice salad before I arrived. Avoided "THE CUPCAKES!" Yea me! Cake is just another form of "CRACK!"
ONCE A SUGAR ADDICT ALWAYS A SUGAR ADDICT. You just gotta learn how to control it.
Any sugar crack heads out there?? Yea you know what I'm talking abut! HA!

Ok now that the crack is outta my life it has been replaced with coffee mmm coffee!
A nice warm cup sounds great about now......


2 comments:

  1. Amy, I try to remember the list of foods to avoid as the SLEDGY diet: No sugar, legumes, eggs, dairy, gluten or yeast. I find that eating this way as stopped my sugar addiction and I no longer crave sweets. Do you find that when you stop eating sugar you stop craving it, but then when you have just a teeny bit you would violently beat a child to get the last jelly bean out of their grubby hand? Ok, maybe not that bad, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry just seeing this!! Yes I'm the same way. Sugar and I have never been friends. It's either alot or none for me. It's hard to keep it at bay.

    ReplyDelete