Monday, January 16, 2012

First Blog!

So here goes nothing,or something!

Just to let ya know I am not the best speller...ect...ect! LOL
So if you are reading this I am not perfect. Now that that's out of the way I say thank you for taking the time to read my first blog.

Just a little about me then we can get into the nitty gritty. I am 35 about to be 25...cough cough :)
I am married to a wonderful husband who puts up with my spicy attitude. I would like to take this time to thank you Neil James Sleep for your compassion and complete understanding in my time of need. I could not do this without you,period! You are my rock even if I don't say it. Ps rocks can be stubborn but hey they have a rough and a smooth side :)

Well I first realized that something was not quite right with me about 6 or so months ago. I had almost daily migraines,felt dizzy,faint at times and often felt flush. NOW for years I had numbness of my hands and feet and at times had this strange sensation on the lower left side of my head. I just thought "oh it's nothing" and went about my business. When it got so bad I could not function I finally decided to get checked out. It was affecting my moods,work and my life in general. I gained weight and could't jog like I use to. That was crushing. I loved to just go go go. This stopped me in my tracks.

After the CT Scan,MRI,Spinal Tap ect. I finally had some answers. I had MS. No denying it. It is what it is and I can't control it. However I will not let it completely control me. I am strong like bull lol. This has taught me to slow down,take care of me. Not just physically but mentally as well. Kick the stress in my life.

As I have noticed my memory short term suffers at times. I literally have to laugh at some of the things I forget!! CRACKS me up!!! Ps my husband loves to rub this in. TURD lol. What is life if you can't make fun of yourself?? I will not loose that dry since of humor. I loose that and I loose myself. Not gonna happen.

I just wanted to say another thank you for my lovely coworkers. I love you all like sisters even if I don't act like it at times. I'm a quiet person at work but I DO LOVE YA'LL!!! You are the best group of girls! I also have some fb sista's up in he house that I love! You girls know who you are. <3

Thank's for giving me a bit of your time and reading my first blog. I am no longer a blog virgin!! Please feel free to ask me anything at anytime. MS has no cure and getting the word out there just means we are closer to a cure!

            Amy Sleep....zzzzzzzzzzz





2 comments:

  1. amy you rock girl! love your positive outlook, your bubbly energy and contagious spirit for life!! im honored to be part of your ms journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lou!! Your kind words mean so much!

    ReplyDelete